Case: Compensation of DKK 13,740 for 50 sqm on Frederiksberg

by Frederik Reichstein | Published October 18, 2017

In this case from February 2017, we helped a British citizen get his compensation from the landlord. The apartment was rented out through our client’s employer. It was a 50 m2 apartment and our client had paid around DKK 8,000 per month.


As always, we started out by setting out a meeting with our client to discuss his case and whether we were the right choice for him. The meeting was a succes, and we then went through all the relevant documents to determine how best to run the case.

Thereafter, we brought the case before the Danish Housing Board, who arranged an inspection of the lease. If our clients wish so, we are always willing to be present at the inspections to make sure the interest of our clients are met. Thus, we participated this inspection to secure that every matter was conducted fairly.

To make the process as easy as possible for our client, Rent Guide handled all correspondence back and forth between the property owner’s lawyer, the Danish Housing Board and our client. This was also to ensure that no claim was forgotten or any facts distorted.


The result was a payback of DKK 13,740, which was sent to our client after claiming the agreed 30 per cent. Rent Guide transferred the money to the client within a week from the decision.

Want us to handle your case?

Then send us an email at or contact us through our Facebook page!

Related posts

5 reasons to choose Rent Guide to run your case Even though it is possible to run your own case through Huslejenævnet (Danish Housing Board), we here give five reasons why you might be better off by choosing Rent Guide to run your case. 1. It’s a complex system! The main reason to choose Re...
How to figure out if you are paying too much We have made a short guide to filling out our online calculator. Here you can read how to ensure a refund for your overpaid rent, and how to start your case with Rent Guide. It's done quickly and can save you a lot of money. FIRST STEP On the ...
My previous landlord will not pay me back my deposit. Can Rent Guide help me get it back? Short answer? Maybe! But if you want to increase your chances of getting your deposit back, we here list our three best pieces of advice. Do not sign!What’s most important to remember is that you don’t sign the “fraflytningssyn” report unless ...
Case: Compensation of 85.541 kr. gotten for tenant based in Frederiksberg In this case from October 2018, we helped a tenant who lived in a 61 sqm apartment on Østerbro. We helped them lower their monthly rent from DKK 13.500 to DKK 8.000, which also resulted in a total compensation of DKK 85.541. The Process The p...